Gift Certificate Stimulus Program Launched in Gloucester
Gloucester County’s Economic Development department has been working diligently alongside local businesses to help them address recent challenges in their operations and finances.
- Most recently, Gloucester County and the Gloucester County Economic Development Authority (EDA), working in tandem with the Gloucester County Chamber of Commerce, have embarked on a gift certificate initiative entitled “Rethink. Rebound. Revitalize.” to benefit independently owned, local small business owners and the public alike.
- Just last week, the EDA approved $5,000 for the Gloucester Gift Certificate Community Stimulus Program, designed to help Gloucester’s independently owned, local small businesses mitigate losses during the COVID-19 crisis.
- When one purchases a gift certificate through the program to use at a participating local independent business, the EDA will add 25 percent to the purchase (up to $25) for as long as the matching funds last.
- To purchase gift certificates through the program, visit www.gloucestervachamber.org. Once purchasing a gift certificate, you will receive a receipt generated from PayPal. This receipt will then be used to take to the retailer and the Chamber will have a certificate for the businesses so that they can keep a record of all purchases made through the program.
- For information on these and other resources available to local businesses, call 804-693-1415.