- Senior Center of York (4/4/2016) - A variety of educational and entertaining programs are being offered at the Senior Center of York monthly. Participation is open to seniors age 55 or better and their spouses, regardless of age. The Senior Center is located in the Washington Square Shopping Center at 5314 George Washington Memorial Highway (Rt. 17), and is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The Senior Center is closed on all county holidays. Reservations are required for all sessions and are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. To register, stop byRead More
- York County Cabin Fever Concert Series (1/27/2017) - York County is excited to announce the ninth annual Cabin Fever Concert Series, scheduled for this winter inside the Freight Shed located at Riverwalk Landing in historic Yorktown. On Thursday, February 2, Rockin’Vets will be the featured group. The group consists of former members of LF Edwards and the First Class Band and performed as the house band at the Chamberlain Hotel for over 20 years. All members are veterans of the military music programs and have extensive worldwide performance experience. They perform Country music and a variety of stylesRead More
- York County’s Head Start Program (1/27/2017) - York County’s Head Start program is accepting applications for eligible children ages 3-5, including those with disabilities, for the current and next school years. Head Start is a federally funded program designed to serve eligible preschoolers through a variety of services in health, family services, and education. The county’s Head Start program is taught at three locations: Griffin-Yeates Center on Government Road in Williamsburg, Bethel Manor Elementary School on Langley AFB housing, and Yorktown Elementary School on Siege Lane. The Head Start program is designed to assist families in aRead More
- Art at the River Juried Art Show (1/27/2017) - The Art at the River Committee is pleased to announce the Call for Artists for the 4th annual “Art at the River” Juried Art Show scheduled for Sunday, May 7, 2017, at Riverwalk Landing in historic Yorktown. Artists are invited to submit their applications no later than January 30, 2017; invitations to participate will be issued on February 27, 2017. The application fee is $30.00. The application and complete information can be found at www.artattheriver.com. To obtain an application via mail, please send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org or aRead More
- The Senior Center of York (1/27/2017) - The Senior Center of York is hosting a free seminar on “Depression in the Elderly” on Friday, February 3rd, at 1 pm. Lee Phillips, geriatric therapist with Colonial Behavioral Health, will discuss ways to recognize the signs and symptoms of depression and how to seek help. The Senior Center is located at 5314 George Washington Memorial Highway (in the Washington Square Shopping Center). For more information and to register for this free seminar, call the Senior Center of York at (757) 890-3444.
- York County Parks, Recreation and Tourism Spring Adult Softball (1/27/2017) - Registration for York County Parks, Recreation and Tourism Spring Adult Softball begins Monday, February 6th, for returning teams, and Monday, February 13th, for new teams. Two Coed leagues will be offered on Friday nights and one Men’s league will be offered on Tuesday nights. All leagues will play doubleheader games held at the McReynold’s Athletic Complex, Chisman Creek Park, and/or Tabb Middle School. Team registration will be accepted in person, Monday through Friday from 8:15 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the PRT office, which is located off Goodwin Neck RoadRead More