ABC News(LAS VEGAS) — Sheriff Joe Lombardo held a press conference on Friday to update the timeline of the Las Vegas shooting.
Here’s the latest on the investigation:
- It’s believed gunman Stephen Paddock purposely fired at nearby fuel tanks, Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo said.
- The shooter’s brain is being tested for abnormalities, the sheriff said.
- Security officer Jesus Campos first encountered barricaded door at 9:59 p.m.; was shot later, according to the sheriff.
- The “firing had ceased” by the time police arrived, Lombardo said.
- “No signs of ideology or affiliation to any groups,” FBI Special Agent in Charge Aaron Rouse said.
- Over 1,000 pieces of evidence collected and are being reviewed, Rouse said.
Las Vegas gunman Stephen Paddock is believed to have purposely fired at aviation fuel tanks at the McCarran International Airport near the concert venue where he killed 58 people and injured hundreds more on Oct. 1, authorities said at a press conference today.
“It is believed the fuel tanks were fired upon with intent,” said Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo.
The autopsy on Las Vegas gunman Stephen Paddock’s body did not immediately reveal any abnormalities, though his brain is being tested, Lombardo said.
Paddock shot himself after opening fire on the concert below.
This is a breaking news story. Please check back for updates.
Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.
Storm brings strong winds, record rain to Seattle area
iStock/Thinkstock(SEATTLE) — A strong storm system wreaked havoc on the western Washington area on Wednesday,Read More
Frightening video captures shooting suspects carjacking woman with baby
JaysonPhotography/iStock/Thinkstock(HOUSTON) — Frightening surveillance video shows four armed suspects carjacking a woman while her 11-month-oldRead More